Latest addition (26/Nov):Turtle Logo in Forth v1.4
- Publications (Peer-Reviewed)
- Working Papers (Non-Peer Reviewed)
- Source Code / Applications
- Software Toolkit (separate page)
- (Paper – PDF) Digital Scanning Sonar for Fish Feeding Monitoring in Aquaculture, T. Acker, J. Burczynski, J. Hedgepeth, A. Ebrahim, Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on Underwater Acoustics, Gdansk, Poland. pp. 671-675, June 2002
- Note:This system implements U.S. Patent #6317385, An Aquaculture Feeding Monitor, J. Hedgepeth, August 7, 1999 (PDF), developed with the support of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (SBIR Program) and the Chilean Government (IFOP) (Note: This patent has been allowed to lapse by BioSonics, so is now in the public domain.)
- (Patent App. – PDF) An Acoustic Biomass Monitor, U.S. Patent Application #20060018197, J. Burczynski, A. Ebrahim, J. Hedgepeth, July 20, 2004 (Filing Date), January 26, 2006 (Publication Date)
- Note:This system was developed with the support of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (SBIR Program) (Note: This patent was not pursued by BioSonics.)
- (Patent – PDF) Networked Sonar Observation of Selected Seabed Environments, U.S. Patent #7457196, T. Acker, A. Ebrahim, J. Dawson, July 17, 2006 (Filing Date); January 17, 2008 (Publication Date); November 25, 2008 (Issue Date)
- Note:This system was developed with the support of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (HSARPA SBIR Program) and Sandia National Laboratories.
- Additional patent grants:
- U.S. Patent #7679995 (PDF), (Sep 23, 2008 filed; Mar 16, 2010 issued)
- U.S. Patent #8009512 (PDF), (Jan 27, 2010 filed; Aug 30, 2011 issued)
- U.S. Patent #8009512 (PDF), (Aug 23, 2011 filed; Jan 7, 2014 issued)
- (PDF) Knowledge Engineering and the Emerging Technologies of the Next Decade, Assad Ebrahim, January 2010
- (PDF) What is Mathematics?, Assad Ebrahim, January 2010
- (PDF) Origins of Mathematics, Assad Ebrahim, January 2010
- (PDF) The Development of Mathematics, in a Nutshell, Assad Ebrahim, 2010
- (PDF) Catalysts in the Growth of Mathematics, Assad Ebrahim, January 2010
- (PDF) Teaching Mathematics “in Tunic”, Assad Ebrahim, January 2010
- (PDF) Finite Summations of Integer Powers , PART ONE, Assad Ebrahim, January 2010
- (PDF) Finite Summations of Integer Powers , PART TWO, Assad Ebrahim, January 2010
- (PDF) Finite Summations of Integer Powers , PART THREE, Assad Ebrahim and Carol Ouellette, February 2010
- (PDF) Mathematical Finance, and the Rise of the Modern Financial Marketplace, Assad Ebrahim, July 2010
- (MAXIMA) sumkp_recurrence.mac, (Feb 2010), Iteratively computes solution to the Finite Sum of P-th Powers of Integers using the p-th order recurrence derived in Finite Summation of Integer Powers, Part 2 (see Eq. 10).
- (MAXIMA) sumkp_matrix.mac, (Feb 2010), Directly computes solution to the Finite Sum of P-th Powers of Integers using the triangular matrix equation derived in Finite Summation of Integer Powers, Part 3 (see Eq. 13).
- (OCTAVE) sumkp_matrix.m, (Mar 2010), Directly computes solution to the Finite Sum of P-th Powers of Integers using the triangular matrix equation derived in Finite Summation of Integer Powers, Part 3 (see Eqs. 12 and 14).
- (LaTeX) Basic Templates (ZIP), (May 2010), Basic LaTeX templates with PDF outputs to verify correct compilation. See typesetting article for more detail.
- (LaTeX) Modular Templates (ZIP), (May 2010), Modular LaTeX templates with PDF outputs illustrate use of BibTeX, AMS-TeX, and more (advanced article). For command line use: (BAT file)
- (LaTeX) Example Paper (TeX)(July 2016), Provides everything in one file, with comments to help the new user, and a (PDF) to see the finished product.
- (EXCEL VBA) EnableMacros VBA Code to prompt users to enable macros or allow data connections, (Feb 2014). Production grade code giving an existing Excel file an awareness of macro states and ensuring that a user-friendly prompt is displayed every time, even if the file is edited and saved. The problem and solution is described on StackOverflow here
- (RUBY) Automatic Web Scraper, (July 2016) This script is useful for downloading and saving a long list of files from a webpage. User can select what files are downloaded (PDFs, JPGs, etc.) by providing a a custom string. Comments explain usage.
- (FORTH) Turtle Logo in Forth: Inspiring the next generation of technology builders. This is a (free) Turtle logo program for Windows that can be operated entirely using a few keys. It is easy enough to be accessible to 3- & 4-year old children — I initially wrote it for my four-year old daughter Jasmine. It has several appealing features, including the ability to record commands and later play them back (press ‘R’ to record, ‘1’ to playback). Help is immediate by pressing ‘?’ You can be up and running within minutes using the auto-installation download (2MB, installs to c:\totalcmd\turtle-logo, run by double-clicking “start_turtle_logo.bat”). Program is fully open source, with code included (~750 lines of Forth) — interested users are free to modify and extend the functionality! (GNU User License). Any problems? Leave feedback and get help through the form on the website.